FeedBurner FeedSmith Plugin Security Update
I was browsing the FeedBurner blog this morning and noticed that they have released a new version of the FeedBurner FeedSmith Plugin. If you are using the FeedBurner FeedSmith Plugin you should get the newest version to protect your WordPress blog from a potential cross-site request forgery security hole.
Here are the easy instructions from FeedBurner on how to update (in case you need them)
- Download version 2.3 of the plugin.
- Sign in to your WordPress admin control panel.
- Under Plugins, locate the current FeedSmith plugin, and click “Deactivate.”
- Copy the plugin file, FeedBurner_FeedSmith_Plugin.php into your default WordPress plugin directory, wp-content/plugins/
- Reactivate the plugin by logging in to your WordPress administration area, clicking Plugins, then clicking Activate at the end of the “FeedBurner FeedSmith” row.