I have been doing more research on best practices for landing pages recently and came across this great video on YouTube. I have watched and listened to this video several times now and thought I would share it. It has given me some great ideas to improve some landing pages for some of the pay per click campaigns and websites I work on. I am amazed at how some of the little things that he talks about makes such a huge difference in conversions.
If you don’t have the time to watch / listen to the video here are the seven deadly sins that Tim Ash talks about.
- Sin #1 – Unclear Call-to-action
- Sin #2 – Too Many Choices:
- Sin #3 – Asking For Too Much Information
- Sin #4 – Too Much Text
- Sin #5 – Not Keeping Your Promises
- Sin #6 – Visual Distractions
- Sin #7 – Lack of Credibility and Trust
I was also so impressed by the video I ordered his book “Landing Page Optimization: The Definitive Guide to Testing and Tuning for Conversions” from Amazon.