I was reading the official WordPress blog and noticed that they have a post on the new WordPress 3.6 Beta 1 being available.
Some of the new features that are coming in 3.6 include:
- Post Formats: Post Formats now have their own UI, and theme authors have access to templating functions to access the structured data.
- Twenty Thirteen: We’re shipping this year’s default theme in our first release of the year. Twenty Thirteen is an opinionated, color-rich, blog-centric theme that makes full use of the new Post Formats support.
- Audio/Video: You can embed audio and video files into your posts without relying on a plugin or a third party media hosting service.
- Autosave: Posts are now autosaved locally. If your browser crashes, your computer dies, or the server goes offline as you’re saving, you won’t lose the your post.
- Post Locking: See when someone is currently editing a post, and kick them out of it if they fall asleep at the keyboard.
- Nav Menus: Nav menus have been simplified with an accordion-based UI, and a separate tab for bulk-assigning menus to locations.
- Revisions: The all-new revisions UI features avatars, a slider that “scrubs” through history, and two-slider range comparisons.
Of the features that are mentioned the one I am looking forward to the most I think is the new Autosave feature that will save a post locally. I cannot tell you how often I have been working on a post and then have my browser crash and lost the last few minutes of writing or editing. The addition of better audio and video embedding will be great to see as well.
Have you been testing the new WordPress 3.6 Beta? Let us know what you think.